For General Practitioners
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Current Approaches in IBD
- Diet and Functional Bowel Disease
- Diverticular Disease
- Pancreatic Updates
- Polyps: Screening, Surveillance and Endoscopic Treatment
Patient Information Fact Sheets
- What is Colonoscopy?
- What is Endoscopy?
- What is Gastroscopy?
- Anal Fissures
- Barrett's Oesophagus
- Bowel Cancer
- Coeliac Disease
- Colorectal Cancer (Bowel Cancer) Screening
- Crohn's Disease
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers ("Peptic Ulcers")
- Helicobacter pylori
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hiatus Hernia
- Inoperable Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Intestinal Parasites
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Reflux Disease
- Sedation for Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr Carolyn Bariol's Presentations and Publications
- Macumber C (Bariol C), Vickers CR, Meagher AP, O’Connor T. Ten year followup of ileoanal J pouch anastomosis for chronic ulcerative colitis (abstr). J Gastroenterol Hepatol(suppl). 1998 Nov;13 Suppl:A109-215.
- Macumber C (Bariol C), Phan TG, Young GA, Selby WS. Myelofibrosis presenting as splenic tumour. Dig Dis Sci 1999 Sep;44(9):1817-22
- Macumber C (Bariol C), Meagher AP, Vickers CR, Byrnes DJ, Edwards PD, Hing M, Wettstein AR, Field A. Thalidomide-effective therapy in chronic resistant inflammatory bowel disease (abstr). Gastroenterology 1999;116(suppl);A767.
- Bariol C, Field A, Vickers CR, Ward R. Regression of gastric T cell lymphoma with eradication of Helicobacter pylori. Gut. 2001 Feb;48(2):269-71.
- C Bariol, NJ Hawkins, AP Meagher, DB Williams, AS Field, A Morey, JJ Turner, RL Ward. Sporadic Microsatellite unstable colorectal cancer arises from hyperplastic polyps and serrated adenomas. Histological re-analysis of colonic polyps to assess frequency of these precursor lesions. Oral Presentation. The Garvan Institute Scientific Research Symposium. Sydney, 2001.
- C Bariol, C Suter, KF Cheong, SL Ku, RL Ward.Global hypomethylation of DNA in colorectal carcinomas and precursor lesions. Oral Presentation. The Garvan Institute Scientific Research Symposium. Sydney, 2001.
- Bariol C, Meagher AP, Vickers CR, Byrnes DJ, Edwards PD, Hing M, Wettstein AR, Field A. Early studies on the safety and efficacy of thalidomide for symptomatic inflammatory bowel disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002 Feb;17(2):135-9.
- Hawkins NJ, Bariol C, Ward RL. The serrated neoplasia pathway. Pathology. 2002 Dec;34(6):548-55. Review.
- C Bariol, NJ Hawkins, RL Ward. Serrated adenomas – establishing a working diagnostic model (abstr). J Gastroenterol Hepatol(suppl). 2002 Nov; 17 Suppl:A111.
- Bariol C, Hawkins NJ, Turner JJ, Meagher AP, Williams DB, Ward RL. Histopathological and clinical evaluation of serrated adenomas of the colon and rectum. Mod Pathol. 2003 May;16(5):417-23.
- Carolyn Bariol, Catherine Suter, Kay Cheong, Su-Lyn Ku, Alan Meagher, Nicholas Hawkins, Robyn Ward. The Relationship between Hypomethylation and CpG Island Methylation in Colorectal Neoplasia. Am J Pathol. 2003 April; 162(4): 1361–1371.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease and St Vincent's Clinic experience with the use of Thalidomide. St Vincent's Clinic Proceedings Volume 11, No 1 August, 2003.
- Quinn E, Mokany E, Bariol C, Ward RL. Hyperplastic polyps: Are they clonal? Oral Presentation. Lorne Conference on protein structure and function, 2003.
- Jia Liu, Luke B. Hesson, Alan P. Meagher, Michael J. Bourke, Nicholas J. Hawkins, Keith N. Rand, Peter L. Molloy, John E. Pimanda, and Robyn L. Ward. Relative Distribution of Folate Species Is Associated with Global DNA Methylation in Human Colorectal Mucosa. Cancer Prev Res; 5(7); 921–9. ©2012 AACR. ... Stephen Riordan, Dr. Carolyn Bariol, Dr. Jeffrey Tu, and Dr. Antony Wettstein for their assistance in collection of endoscopy samples and thank Dr. Russell Pickford for technical assistance with mass spectrometry and Dr. Michael Falster for reviewing the statistical analyses ...
- Surabhi S. Liyanage, Eva Segelov, Aisha Malik, Suzanne M. Garland, Sepehr N. Tabrizi, Eleanor Cummins, Holly Seale, Bayzidur Rahman, Aye Moa, Andrew P. Barbour, Philip J. Crowe, and C. Raina MacIntyre. A Case-Control Study of the Role of Human Papillomavirus in Oesophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Australia. Journal of Oncology, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 236482. ... Vincent's Clinic for their contribution to the study: Dr. David J Byrnes, Dr. Robert Feller, Dr. Alissa Walsh, Dr. Simon Benstock, Dr. Alan Meagher, Dr. Steven Mistilis, Dr. Christopher Vickers, Dr. Paul Edwards, Dr. Antony Wettstein, Dr. Carolyn Bariol, and Dr. David Frommer. ...