For General Practitioners
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Current Approaches in IBD
- Diet and Functional Bowel Disease
- Diverticular Disease
- Pancreatic Updates
- Polyps: Screening, Surveillance and Endoscopic Treatment
Patient Information Fact Sheets
- What is Colonoscopy?
- What is Endoscopy?
- What is Gastroscopy?
- Anal Fissures
- Barrett's Oesophagus
- Bowel Cancer
- Coeliac Disease
- Colorectal Cancer (Bowel Cancer) Screening
- Crohn's Disease
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Gastric and Duodenal Ulcers ("Peptic Ulcers")
- Helicobacter pylori
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hiatus Hernia
- Inoperable Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Intestinal Parasites
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Reflux Disease
- Sedation for Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr David Williams' Presentations and Publications
- Bowel Cancer Screening - You Really Should Do It. St Vincent's Connect Newsletter, April 2013.
- Review of screening for pancreatic cancer in high risk individuals. Stoita A, Penman I and Williams DB. World Congress of Gastroenterology Journal 2011.
- Solid pseudopapillary tumours - EUS can make the diagnosis. Stoita A and Williams D. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2010
- Mediastinal adenopathy: finding the answer with endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration biopsy. Walsh P and Williams DB. Internal Medicine Journal 2005;35:392-8
- Endoscopic ultrasound - a new way of looking at the gastrointestinal tract. Williams D. St Vincent's Clinic Proceedings 2003;11:13-18
- Fatal portal hypertension, liver failure, and mitochondrial dysfunction after HIV-1 nucleoside analogue-induced hepatitis and lactic acidaemia. Carr A, Morey A, Mallon P, Williams D, Thorburn DR. Lancet 2001 May 5;357(9266):1412-4
- Endoscopic ultrasound to detect evidence of pancreatic disease in patients with persistent or non-specific dyspepsia. Sahai AV, Mishra G, Penman ID, Williams DB, et al. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2000;52:153-159
- Ability of EUS with fine-needle aspiration to document nodal staging and response to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced esophageal cancer: a case report. Penman ID, Williams DB, Sahai AV, Hoffman BJ, Hawes RH. Gastrointest Endosc 1999 Jun;49(6):783-6.
- Endoscopic ultrasonography with fine-needle aspiration: an accurate and simple diagnostic modality for sarcoidosis. Mishra G, Sahai AV, Penman ID, Williams DB, et al. Endoscopy 1999 Jun;31(5):377-82
- Penman ID & Williams DB. Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS): Current applications and future potential. Proceedings of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh 1999
- Williams DB, Sahai AV, Aabakken L, et al. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy: a large single centre experience. Gut 1999;44:720-726
- Williams D, Waugh R and Selby W. Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for the treatment of refractory ascites. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine 1998;28:620-626
- Williams D, Waugh R, Gallagher N, et al. Mortality and rebleeding following transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic stent shunt for variceal haemorrhage. Journal Of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1998;13:163-169
- McCrudden R, Williams DB, O'Connor T and Vickers CR. Gastrointestinal, hepatic, gallbladder, pancreatic, and perianal complications. In: Atkinson K (ed). Clinical Bone Marrow and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation, A Reference Textbook. (3rd Edition). Cambridge University Press, 2004
- Williams DB and Hoffman BJ. Complications of interventional endoscopic ultrasonography. In: Bhutani M (ed). Interventional Endoscopic Ultrasonography. Harwood Academic Publishers, 1999