Dr Alina Stoita
Gastroenterologist, Sydney | Consulting at the Diagnostic Endoscopy Centre, Darlinghurst
Dr Alina Stoita has expertise in endoscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound.
She puts emphasis on providing cutting edge diagnostic and endoscopy skills and developing warm, good relationships with her patients.
Dr Alina Stoita graduated from University of New South Wales with Honours and trained at St Vincent’s Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital. She undertook further training in advance endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound at University College in London and Royal Infirmary Hospital in Edinburgh.
She has published extensively in peer review journals on colonic polyps, pancreatic tumours, endoscopic ultrasound and capsule endoscopy. She started the Australian Pancreatic Cancer Screening Program at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney in 2011.
She enjoys teaching medical students and has been an Associate Lecturer at UNSW Faculty of Medicine since 2003.
Qualifications: M.B., B.S. (Hons), FRACP
Certifications: GESA Colonoscopy Recertification Program 2018 – 2021; GESA certified in endoscopy, capsule endoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound
- Strong advocate on early detection of bowel cancer, stomach cancer and pancreatic cancer
- Keen interest in irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- Provides a holistic approach to medical problems in a calm and dedicated manner
Challenges in diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
Please click here to read article: https://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/full/v24/i19/2047.htm
Pancreatic Cancer Screening in High Risk Patients
Education Presentation By Dr Alina Stoita At “Digestive Disease Week®” Meeting in Chicago – May 2017
Education Presentation By Dr Alina Stoita At St Vincent’s Clinic GP Meeting – October 2014
Upper GI Motility Disorders
Education Presentation By Dr Alina Stoita At St Vincent’s Clinic GP Meeting – August 2013
- Yang Wu, Alexander Mullin, Alina Stoita. Clinical predictors for sessile serrated polyposis syndrome: A case control study. World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, September 16, 2017; 9(9): 464-470
- Stoita A, Gunasingam N. Update on Acute Pancreatitis. Pancreatic Disorders & Therapy, August 2016, volume 6, issue 4
- Vinh-An Phan, Payal Saxena, Alina Stoita, Nam Nguyen. Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis and Screening. CancerForum, Volume 40, Number 1, March 2016
- Stoita A, Penman I. EUS FNA for solid pancreatic masses lessons from practice and pitfalls. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Oct 2012, volume 27, issue S4
- Oh S, Jellins J, Stoita A Williams D. EUS-guided cyst fluid analysis may not be so helpful after all: comparison of preoperative EUS evaluation with surgical pathology for pancreatic cystic lesions. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Oct 2012, volume 27, issue S4
- Stoita A, Penman I. EUS for CBD and PD dilatation. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Oct 2012, volume 27, issue S4
- Oh S, Jellins J, Stoita A Williams D. It is safe to continue surveillance of pancreatic cystic lesions after baseline EUS evaluation. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Oct 2012, volume 27, issue S4
- Stoita A, Penman I, Williams D. Review article: Screening for pancreatic cancer in high risk individuals. World Journal of Gastroenterology
- Stoita A, Williams D. Pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas EUS FNA is the ideal tool for diagnosis. Australian and New Zeeland Journal of Surgery, Nov 2010 Vol. 80, No. 6., pp. 406-410
- Stoita A, Lennon AM, Gilbert D, Penman I. EUS FNA for solid pancreatic masses: lessons from practice and pitfalls. Scottish Society of Gastroenterology/Scottish Hepatobiliary Group Meeting Oral Presentation 17th Dec 2010
- Stoita A, Williams D. Endoscopic ultrasound for mediastinal and oesophageal indicators. Book chapter from Gastrointestinal Primer 2009
- Stoita A, Kaffes A, Feller R. Referral for further procedures after capsule endoscopy: indications and outcomes. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2009; 24 (Suppl. 2): A221–A238
- Stoita A, Almeida J, Kim R, Riordan SM. Lactose malabsorption in the elderly: role of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Scand J Gastroenterol, 2008, 43(2), 146-154
- Stoita A, Williams D The value of EUS in diagnosis of solid pseudopapillary tumours of the pancreas. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2009; 24 (Suppl. 2): A268-A269
- Stoita, A. & Williams, D. EUS FNA of a Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor. The DAVE Project. 20 Nov 2009