Dr Antony Wettstein
Dr Antony Wettstein, Gastroenterologist, Sydney | Consulting at the Diagnostic Endoscopy Centre, Darlinghurst
Dr Antony Wettstein graduated his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with honours at the University of New South Wales.
He completed his accredited training in Gastroenterology at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney and also worked as a staff specialist and research fellow at Liestal University Hospital, in Switzerland.
Dr Wettstein then worked as a VMO at St Vincent’s Public Hospital. In 2002 he joined the Diagnostic Endoscopy Centre.
Qualifications: M.B., B.S. (Hons), FRACP
- Specialises in interventional endoscopy and surveillance colonoscopy
- Proficient in more complicated endoscopy techniques and performs ablative therapy for haemorrhoids
- Special interest in radiofrequency ablation for the treatment of advance Barrett’s oesophagus
- Special research interest in endoscopic management of Barrett’s oesophagus, treatment of digestive tract parasites, as well as the management of reflux disease and irritable bowel syndrome
- Effect of immersion of biopsy forceps in formalin on tissue urease activity. Wettstein, A, Loy, C and Frommer, DJ Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 1999, 14: 984–986. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-1746.1999.01988.x.
- Thalidomide-effective therapy in chronic resistant inflammatory bowel disease (abstr). Macumber C (Bariol C), Meagher AP, Vickers CR, Byrnes DJ, Edwards PD, Hing M, Wettstein AR, Field A. Gastroenterology 1999;116(suppl);A767.
- Multimodailty Management of Tumours of the Aerodigestive Tract. Harvard Medical School Course November 3 – 4, 2000
- Early studies on the safety and efficacy of thalidomide for symptomatic inflammatory bowel disease. Bariol C, Meagher AP, Vickers CR, Byrnes DJ, Edwards PD, Hing M, Wettstein AR, Field A. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2002 Feb;17(2):135-9.
- Cyclospora infection masquerading as coeliac disease. Vidyut Pingé-Suttor, Chris Douglas, Antony Wettstein. Med J Aust 2004 Mar;180(6):295-6.
- Durable alteration of the colonic microbiota by the administration of donor fecal flora. Martin J Grehan, Thomas Julius Borody, Sharyn M Leis, Jordana Campbell, Hazel Mitchell, Antony Wettstein. J Clin Gastroenterol 2010 Sep;44(8):551-61.
- High Expression of Cathepsin E in Tissues but Not Blood of Patients with Barrett’s Esophagus and Adenocarcinoma. Oliver M Fisher, Angelique J Levert-Mignon, Sarah J Lord, Natalia K Botelho, Araluen K Freeman, Melissa L Thomas, Dan Falkenback, Antony Wettstein, David C Whiteman, Yuri V Bobryshev, Reginald V Lord. Ann Surg Oncol 2014 Oct 28. Epub 2014 Oct 28.