A/Prof Robert Feller
A/Prof Robert Feller, Gastroenterologist, Sydney | Consulting at the Diagnostic Endoscopy Centre, Darlinghurst
A/Prof Robert Feller completed his undergraduate medical degree at University of New South Wales followed by basic physician training at Prince of Wales Hospital. Advanced training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology was undertaken at Prince of Wales and Concord Hospitals.
A/Prof Feller was the Liver Transplant Fellow at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and subsequently completed a PhD in molecular hepatology at the Centenary Institute, University of Sydney. He was a VMO in Hepatology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital until 2008.
He is currently a Senior Staff Specialist in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at St Vincent’s Public and Private Hospitals and VMO at St Luke’s Hospital.
A/Prof Feller is currently the Convenor of the annual NETI-CE (National Endoscopy Training Initiative – in Capsule Endoscopy) course and the NSW Capsule Endoscopy Group.
A/Prof Feller is a Conjoint Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales.
Qualifications: M.B., B.S., Ph.D., FRACP
- Screening Bowel Cancer
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Liver Disease
Education Presentation By A/Prof Robert Feller At St Vincent’s Clinic GP Meeting – October 2014
Coeliac Disease Update
Clinical Update Presented By A/Prof Robert Feller – June 1, 2010
- Gunasingam N, Sandanayake N, Lam T, Feller RB (2016) Natural history of duodenal stricture complicating coeliac disease Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 31 (suppl 2): 35
- Rattan A, Feller RB (2013) Small bowel lipomas may be a cause of significant obscure GI bleeding:report of three cases identified by capsule endoscopy Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 28 (suppl 2) :19
- Oh S, Feller RB (2012) Capsule endoscopy can be a valuable tool for the diagnosis of radiation enteritis Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Foster R, Tindrar T, Siah C, Jayasekera C, Weltman M, Taylor A, Feller RB (2011) Severe enteropathy due to the abuse of ibuprofen-codeine Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 26 (suppl): 77
- Allen BD, Sesel K, Weltman M, Feller RB (2010) Comparative findings from ileo-colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy and CT enterography in eight patients with known or suspected small bowel Crohn’s disease Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 25 (suppl): A54
- Warwick G, Leecy T, Silverstone E, Rainer S, Feller R, Yates DH (2009) Pulmonary necrobiotic nodules: a rare extraintestinal manifestation of Crohn’s disease [review] European Respiratory Review 18 (111):47-50
- Stoita A, Kaffes A, Feller RB (2009) Referral for further intervention after capsule endoscopy – indications and outcome Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology24 (suppl): A234
- Lam TT, Feller RB (2008) Duodenal obstruction – a rare complication of coeliac disease Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 23 (suppl): A221
- Terkasher B, Feller RB (2007) Negative capsule endoscopy predicts a positive outcome and a low risk of further intervention in patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 22 (suppl): A337
- Walsh AJ, Feller RB (2006) Capsule endoscopy in the investigation of iron deficiency anaemia: are there clinical factors to predict a positive study? Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 21 (suppl): A288
- Suttor VP, Feller RB (2006) Murine typhus mimicking acute cholecystitis in a traveller (letter) Medical Journal of Australia 184 (9):475
- Benstock SR, Feller RB (2005) Capsule endoscopy in the assessment of obscure gastrointestinal bleeding – high positive yield in active bleeding (abstract) Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 20 (suppl): A42
- Benstock SR, Kaffes A, Marinos G, Feller RB (2005) Capsule endoscopy and double balloon enteroscopy. Complementary procedures for the identification and treatment of persistent small bowel haemorrhage (abstract) Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 20 (suppl) A4
- Feller RB, Strasser S, Ward J, Deakin G (2001) Primary care management of chronic viral hepatitis HIV/Viral hepatitis – a guide for primary care – ASHM; chapter 10:84-96
- Feller RB, McCaughan GW (2001) Diagnosis and management of chronic liver disease. Medicine Today 2(7):73-83
- Feller RB, McDonald JA, Sherbon KJ, McCaughan GW (1999) Evidence of continuing bone recovery at a mean of 7 years after liver transplantation. Liver Transplantation and Surgery 5:407-13
- Feller RB, Waugh RC, Selby WS, Dolan PM, Sheil AG, McCaughan GW (1996) Biliary strictures after liver transplantation: clinical picture correlates and outcomes. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 11:21-5
- Feller RB, McCall M, Basten A, McCaughan GW (1996) Intrahepatic transgenic expression of hen egg lysozyme under a class I promoter. (Abstract) Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (suppl):A78
- McCaughan GW, Huynh JC, Feller RB, Painter D, Waugh R, Sheil AG (1995) Fulminant hepatic failure post liver transplantation: clinical syndromes, correlations and outcomes. Transplantation International 18:20-6
- McCaughan GW, Feller RB (1994) Osteoporosis in chronic liver disease: pathogenesis, risk factors and management [Review] Digestive Diseases 12:223-31
- Feller RB, Wilson JS (1994) Hepatic failure in fatal exertional heatstroke. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine 24:69
- Feller RB, Barr G (1993) How to investigate the adult with diarrhoea. Modern Medicine Australia 36 (7):126-129